CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 16: Students

Through many of the 23 Things I have felt that if I had had these tools when I was going to school it would have been a major help and it is no exception with this thing. I looked at both Research Project Calculator (RPC) and Assignment Calculator and found that I like assignment Calculator quite a lot. What I like about Assignment Calculator is that when I enter a fake paper project they gave me 12 steps that I had to do in the upcoming weeks. It also gave helpful links to different sites like the library and etc... What I really liked about it was that it emails you reminders which are the same for RPC. RPC gave only 6 steps when I entered the same fake paper assignment. There were less research steps then in Assignment Calculator, but otherwise they were basically the same. However, within RPC there is a link to the Teachers Guide. In this section there are helpful worksheets that a teacher can give to a student about finds their thesis statement or even what a thesis statement is. These are interesting papers and I even think some of my teachers in college used some of these worksheets. What I like about RPC and Assignment Calculator is that they both help student manage their time so that they are not scrambling to finish a paper. This could be a very handy resource not only for academic libraries but for public libraries as well. As, we do get high school students coming in for research and this could be a handy tool we can steer them towards.

0 comments: