CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 17: ELM

Learning more about Electronic Library for Minnesota or ELM is a great thing. The only problem is that I had to go through the ELM Portal. I looked at several of ELM items. I looked at InfoTrac which didn't have many instructions and was therefore very confusing. Many people made comments about this thing so I will not go into more detail. So, after a time I was able to add my search as a RSS feed onto my Google Reader. So, if I was doing research for a paper this would be a nice way to draw out the research and help me find up to date information. So, for students this could be a very helpful tool; however I was only about to access this through to ELM Portal and not through are own link to InfoTrac so I don't know how easily student will be able to access this within our library. The other thing I will talk about is my web page I made within EBSCO. I made it on April 1 so there is a little April Fools going on within my web page. I really didn't know what the point of making the web page was unless other people can look at your web page; however in reality it is not a viable source within a paper.

0 comments: