CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 11: Tag and Del.icio.us

Thing 11 was interesting but I don't know how much I will use Del.icio.us. For Tags I have already been entering tag in all my 23 Things and will continue to do so. Also I have used tags before and even on other site with 23 things like Flickr I have added tags. Regarding Del.icio.us it was really easy to set up and install. However, I don't know really when I would use it. Majority of my favorite websites I have already saved to my favorite list and most of them are fanfic sites which unless I have a lot of time on my hands the only time I have in which to read is when I am on my own personal computer. Also, anything else is just basic websites like msn for email or Youtube. I do think that Del.icio.us is great for students especially if they are doing research which is mentioned in Thing 10. While on your own Del.icio.us page it is interesting to look at what other people have said about the websites I had tagged and the amount of people that have tagged them also. In all I find Del.icio.us to be interesting however it is not reasonable for regular reference use because you first have to load your Del.icio.us page then find the certain tag that you need while bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox are more handy and faster so that the patron doesn't have to wait as long for their information.

0 comments: