CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 14: LibraryThing

I really liked LibraryThing and in fact some other members of our staff had already linked their library to their blog and it looked so cool I wanted my own so I had already created an account with LibraryThing which is really easy to do they only ask for a user name and a password. It was also really easy to upload my books onto LibraryThing. The hardest part about it was trying to remember all the books that I love and trying to find really great covers that I would want shown on my blog. You cannot image the really ugly covers they had for Lord of the Rings books. After I added some books I decided to link my LibraryThing onto my blog which was really easy to do. It was similar to adding an avatar I just had to go into the layout and add an HTML/ Java Script page element. I did this also for a LibraryThing Widget which I put under my random list of books so that people can search my LibraryThing. The only bad part about this is that I don't have that many books uploaded only 27. In all I really liked LibraryThing and the only thing I wished is that I could have to separate categories within my LibraryThing; one for books that I have read and loved and another for books that I want to read. So, LibraryThing is a really helpful tool and can be one that people would like libraries to link to showing different books in our collection especially if they can be linked to our card catalog.

0 comments: