CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 15: Games

I really thing that gaming have become an interesting and annoying fact of libraries. Interesting because many libraries now offer game night which we also offer were kids can play Guitar Hero and DDR. What is annoying about games in the library is all the kids that use our computers to play MMOPRG's like Runescape. So, gaming has become apart of the library and if you want to read a really interesting blog one librarian writes http://themonkeyspeaks.wordpress.com who did a blog on gaming in the library and its positive and negative effects. The link is hocked onto my title so just click on Thing 15: Games to get the blog. Also, reading the article "Reality Bytes: Eight Myths about Video Games Debunked" which talked about how video games are not for little kids any more and many of the game that are coming out are rated M. Finally I did look at Puzzle Pirates and Second Life. I tried to do puzzle Pirates Pirates but I would first have to download the program onto my computer which would take about 30 minutes and I didn't want to wait so I moved onto Second Life. Second Life I found to be interesting. The video was interesting as the man roller bladed on sand and flew in the sky going throughout the town and confusion the hell out of me. I couldn't really see the signs that he was looking at. Also, looked at some more information about Second Life however, if these two games require a download they are both games that patrons cannot play because all our downloads are erased at night on our public computers so looking at Runescape or other games that don't require a download for play.

0 comments: