CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thing 45: Cloud Computing

The idea of cloud computing is really a great one. I really like the idea of WebOS; being able to access your information from any computer would be wonderful. Then I can stop transforming items via USB stick from one computer to another. I found Glide to be an interesting service; mainly because you can add more than one computer to the service. I also looked into Data backups which I find interesting. I have an external hard drive which I back up to and I remember during the flood thinking maybe I need to put this up higher in our house. Thankfully the water didn't get as high and my external hard drive was fine. However, I can understand the need for data backup onto the Internet. The only problem I could see is security and how reliable is the program. In all cloud computing is really is an important tool and one I think we will use more of in the coming years.

0 comments: