CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Thing 39: Digital Storytelling

I tried both Scrapblog and Smilebox. I liked both programs but found Smilebox easier to use and less complicated. Smilebox, I feel, is used by the layman Scrapbooker. What I mean by this is that it was really easy to manipulate the pictures and though you could change how many pictures you want in each frame; you couldn't change much else like changing the layout of the pictures or how the background looks. Within Scrapblog though you could change anything in the layout. If there was a background picture you didn't like you could erase it. You can change the location and size of any picture or even add pictures or clip art. Also, if you didn't like the background you could change it. These is just so much more to manipulate or change with Scrapblog. I think this would be a fun to use. What I liked about Scrapblog is there was no downloads and it saves your finished blogs. So, you can retrieve information from any computer. Also, in Scrapblog you can input pictures easily from Facebook or Flickr while in Smilebox they only have you upload pictures from your computer. I feel people would really like using these programs and we would have a lot of turn out if we taught a computer class on them. I don't know if I would use this program myself but in all it was really fun and easy to use.

0 comments: