CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 19: Podcast

I looked at several different podcasting web sites. The one I chose to use was podcast.com; mainly because it was easy to use and easy to set up the RSS feed. I did look at local podcasting web sites; however most of the podcasts you had to listen to right there while the RSS feed really gives you more options. The first podcast I listened a little to was called Amateur Traveler Podcast: Travel for the love of it. I listened to the newest podcast which was about Walt Disney World. It was an interesting podcast but it lasted about 30 minutes long so I didn't listen to the whole thing. The next and final podcast I listened to was The Library Channel which was from a College Library in Arizona. It was about their Helpdesk and IT people and I didn't listen to a lot of it because again it was about 30 minutes long. I looked at some other library podcasts and most of them were about the events or activities that were happening in their library. In all, there is a lot of podcasts out there to listen to and no wonder if it is as easy as using G Cast were you use the phone to record our podcast then can mix in music then finally publish your very own podcast. So, virtually any library could create there own podcast. I just don't know if anyone would listen to it because as interesting as they are I don't find them interesting enough to waste 30 minutes of my time on them.

0 comments: