CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing 32: Google Maps and Mashups

Creating your own map in Google maps was fun but hard. I hope to make one of popular destinations in my town because I am terrible at directions and being able to has a resource that would create quick directions would be interesting. Also, I know on our event page for our library we have local links or websites to look at but to also have a Google map of the important buildings in our area like city hall or the DMV that people may need to use but don't know where they are especially if they are new in town. I did look at some of the mashups that where created and thought several of them were very helpful. Like one showed all the subways stops in London so that if you were traveling to there you could figure out who to get to your destination using the subway. So, I feel that Google maps is a really great feature for people who travel or people who are new to an area.

0 comments: