CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing 3: RSS

Of all the things, that I have learned, and just let me remind you I am on thing 3 and so far all the things beside thing 2 have been really interesting; however RSS feeds has been the most interesting and exciting Thing so far. I feel like I have finally learned something that I can implement throughout my life. The hardest part being finding all the RSS feeds I want to add and realizing that there has to be a limit to how much I can or should want to add, because really I can only read so much a day. However, besides all that I found setting up an aggregator to be relatively easy. I set up an aggregator through Google Reader, which I was happy that I did, as I was already familiar with how Google is set up. Meaning that I have used Google calendar extensively and because my blog is also through Google I thought in the end that it would be easier having all these items in the same location so to speak.

What I love about Google Reader, which is really strong words for a program that I only learned about yesterday, is that right away it asked showed me different bundles of RSS feeds that I could belong to. For example, they have the bundle called FUN, which included You Tube Most Viewed, Quotes of the Day, The Onion, and three others. And even thought I deleted the rest of what was in that bundle including You Tube because all the main videos were of a guy being slashed by another skater during a hockey game and if that is the kind of videos You Tube viewers like then I don't think I want to know what they like every day. However, I am getting off topic Google also had different bundles like News and Sports, which again I did not subscribe to but liked that I had the chance to. Also, the next RSS feed it tried to get me to subscribe to was The Form which I thought was really cool and then I wondered how they knew I wanted to subscribe to The Form; oh well. Adding different blogs was made easy and finally making my Google Reader all neat and organized by putting them into subfolders made me realize that Google Reader Rocks and that I need to find a lot more RSS feeds.

0 comments: